Is there mold in your attic or loft? You might have mild symptoms such as itchy eyes or a runny nose, wheezing, wheezing, coughing or sore throat. Mold could be a possible cause if you have any of these symptoms but don’t know what it is.
Do not settle for a damp attic or other area in your home. Continue reading to find out what you can do to protect your family.
What is the cause of mold in my attic?
Excess moisture is often the cause of mold in your attic or elsewhere in your home. Mold thrives in humid, warm environments. Mold can quickly spread when the conditions are right.
There are several reasons why water damage to the attic can lead to mold.
- Roof exhaust vents not properly installed
- Leaky roof
- The plywood roof sheathing has been contaminated by condensation.
- Ice dams can cause damage
Mold can eventually grow in a warm and moist attic.
How about DIY Mold Removal?
Inhaling and touching mold spores can lead to neurological problems as well as respiratory distress.
Avoid cleaning mold-affected areas with bleach and household chemicals. This could expose you or your family members to infection.